Monday, October 14, 2013

Getting Started

I've been super excited about starting a new blog! Kind of intimidated with starting from scratch and not knowing where to actually start! But I think I've stalled enough, bear with me as I try to get the ball rolling!

I LOVE photography but I need to be honest here and let you know I absolutely do not like the computer work. Sure, I have fun editing some times and get excited when I can tweak a picture some and really make it POP (though I am much more of a natural gal- I don't like it when the picture looks 'fake' from editing). But there is just something about the computer work (call it impatience with electronics) that I know if I didn't love composing life through a view finder I would give up all together. I've got 7 maxed out memory chips to prove it!

Anyway enough chatter! These fall pictures were from a rainy Sunday walk. You'll learn quickly that I love going on walks and Cameron (camera + Nikon= Cameron...lol) is my constant companion.














This last picture I was having fun with. :) I love the colors of the leaves and was experimenting with streaking them. This one was taken with a slow shutter speed and zooming out while taking the picture.

First post! I am super excited about sharing my pictures instead of having them sit on my hard drive or in memory cards collecting cyber dust! Feel free to comment on the pictures, I'd love to hear from you!

Enjoy!


4 comments:

  1. Yes, your first post! As you know, I love the look of the blog, and I'm excited to see what comes of everything as you start it.
    The pictures are lovely - 1,9, and 12 are amazing in my opinion, and the last one is pretty cool! Autumn photos are always the best. Keep at it, can't wait to see the next set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THAT YOU STARTED THIS BLOG! Keep up with it girl!
    #9 Is now the background of my work computer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it the blog, love the photos! Looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT JOB AUNTIE IS PROUD OF YOU XOOXOX

    ReplyDelete